Attorneys Helping You Enforce Family Court Orders

When court orders are entered, there is always a chance that one party will fail to fulfill his or her court-ordered obligations. When someone fails to pay child support and spousal support, disregards orders for property division or violates a custody order, the wronged party may need to file an enforcement or contempt action.

If the other party is failing to fulfill their obligations of a family court order, our Richmond family law attorney will take the time to understand and access the dynamics of your frustrating situation. With more than 55 years of experience, our legal team possesses the comprehensive knowledge of Virginia family law in order to help you navigate through the potential complications of your case and guide you toward the outcome you desire.

Consequences For Failing To Fulfill Court Orders

An enforcement action means that the wronged party asks the judge to make the other individual follow the support order or/and make the required payments. The judge has a variety of choices in these types of situations, such as holding the delinquent party in contempt which results in jail time or fine.

Other common consequences include the following:

  • Wage garnishment or income withholding
  • File liens against property
  • Take state and federal tax refunds
  • Offset lottery prize
  • Suspend driving privileges
  • Report to credit bureaus

Enforce Your Court Order With DeFazio Bal Today

At DeFazio Bal, we are dedicated to help you resolve your unpaid child or spousal support, and we make sure custody orders are met. Our family law attorneys are not afraid to take your case to court if necessary. We can develop a solid and personalized strategy to get the results you want. Let us successfully handle your situation, so you can start the next chapter of your life on the right track.

Please reach out to our firm today at 804-419-6551 if you would like to make an appointment for an initial consultation with a knowledgeable lawyer from our legal team. You can also reach us via email.